Privacy Impact Assessment - Updating a clinic PIA
Alberta Health’s eHealth Support Team is pleased to offer this Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) Update Webinar - 2 part series to help you determine when you need to prepare a revised PIA and how to get it done.
Who should attend?
This seminar is intended for:
- Custodians under the Health Information Act (HIA) and those who work for them with a privacy or information security responsibility
- Those who have completed the PIA process at least once and who have a PIA that was accepted by the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC)
Participants will learn the following:
- Background on PIAs under the Health Information Act and the PIA submission review and update process
- Understand the benefits of reviewing and updating your PIAs
- PIA update threshold - Know when to update your PIA (including when it’s not necessary)
- How to get it done – following the standard OIPC PIA format, participants will learn what to consider in updating their PIA
- PIA update pitfalls and tips
In Person Sessions: 1:30 - 4:00pm (note: please register for only one option)
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 | Alberta Medical Association | #310, 611 Meredith Road NE | T2E 2W5 | MR347 Boardroom | Register here.
Monday, August 19, 2019 | Alberta Medical Association | #201, 12315 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB | T5N 3Y8 | MacLean Room | Register here.
Thursday, August 22, 2019 | Alberta Medical Association | #201, 12315 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB | T5N 3Y8 | MacLean Room | Register here.
Instructor, Brian Hamilton, MPA, CISSP, CISA, Senior Consultant, Privacy and Security to Alberta Health’s eHealth Support Services Team will lead this 2 part webinar. Brian has 18 years’ experience writing and reviewing PIAs, both on behalf of custodians and as a regulator with the OIPC.
Don't have time to attend a Webinar or In Person Session?
You can now view the pre-recorded PIA Update Seminars here.