Core Practice Facilitator Training (formerly Improvement Facilitator Training)
Who should attend?
PCN staff designated to fulfill the Practice Facilitator role.
Note: Training is open to clinic staff; however, ideally the participant should be facilitating multiple clinics.
What is it about?
A Practice Facilitator (PF) plays a key complementary role in supporting clinic teams in their transformation to Patient’s Medical Homes (PMHs). PFs guide and support member clinics as they take incremental steps toward sustainable process improvement. PF training provides participants with practical skills and knowledge, including: the context of primary care, the PMH and Health Neighbourhood content, quality improvement and modes of influence.
To learn more about the Practice Facilitator Core Training: Curriculum Map | Click here |
PF training consists of 3 in-person training days. Day 1 is followed by a gap of approximately 3 weeks, allowing time to complete homework prior to Days 2 and 3.
Sessions run from 9:00am - 4:30pm with registration 8:45am - 9:00am.
- Participants are expected to complete assigned pre-work prior to Day 1 and homework between Day 1 and 2. Pre-work will be emailed about approximately 2 weeks before Day 1.
- To be eligible to take PF training, participants will need to identify at least 1 clinic that they will apply their learning with throughout the training program. Additionally, that clinical team will need to identify a change package (from AMA, e.g. panel, ASaP, opioid process improvements, continuity, care planning [PaCT]) to implement.
- Ongoing mentoring and support from AMA ACTT, as well as a provincial Community of Practice
- A light lunch will be provided
This program is facilitated by AMA ACTT (Alberta Medical Association Accelerating Change Transformation Team).
Alberta Medical Association | 611 Meredith Road NE | Calgary, AB | T2E 2W5 | 3rd Floor, Boardroom 347
Day 1 | September 19, 2019
Day 2 | October 22, 2019
Day 3 | October 23, 2019
Click here to register.
Edmonton | Session Full
Alberta Medical Association, Place 123 | 12315 Stony Plain Road | Edmonton, AB | T5N 3Y8 | #201, MacLean Room
Day 1 | October 30, 2019
Day 2 | November 19, 2019
Day 3 | November 20, 2019
Click here to register.
If the session you are trying to register for is full and you are wanting to be added to the waitlist, please click the link to add your name.
Opioid Change Package Improvement Facilitator Training
A one-day training session will be held by the Alberta Medical Association to equip change agents with knowledge, skills and tools to support PCN member clinics with opioid process improvements. The day will focus on care planning skills for complex patients using opioids and technical enablers for continuity (Community Information Integration and the Central Patient Attachment Registry (CII/CPAR).
* We encourage all participants to attend Core Improvement Facilitator Training (4 days) prior to Opioid Change Package IF Training.
Viking/Beaver FCSS (Family and Community Support Services) | 4924 - 53 Avenue, AB | T0B 4N0
October 23, 2019 - Registration: 8:45am - 9:00am Session: 9:00am - 4:30pm | Click here to register.
More TOP Events