Alberta Screening and Prevention Program
Updated 2016 Maneuver Menu for Adults Now Available
The updated ASaP Screening Maneuvers Menu for Adults reflects new evidence and changes to recommendations while continuing to balance impact and practicality in primary care settings | Download the Menu |
What’s New - the Highlights
To get more details about what’s new and why the changes were made | Click Here |
- screening intervals for the following maneuvers have been lengthened:
- plasma lipid profile – non fasting,
- cardiovascular risk assessment,
- diabetes screening and
- alcohol screening has been removed – due to the lack of evidence supporting the impact on patient health (Refer to the Alberta College of Family Physicians Tools for Practice outlining the evidence)
- pap testing has been updated
Download our latest results infographic. | Download |
About the Program
TOP is pleased to continue our partnership with Primary Care Networks (PCNs) to engage primary care providers and clinic teams in screening and preventative improvement work as part of their Patient's Medical Home transformations.
The focus of ASaP is to support physicians, nurse practitioners and clinic teams to offer a screening and prevention bundle to all their patients through enhanced opportunistic and planned outreach methods (targeting patients who do not present for screening care).
Please review the following resources for more detailed information about ASaP:
To begin, establishing panel identification and maintenance processes will be the first step for many teams. Learn more about our approach for all our clinical quality improvement programs | Learn More |
Specific questions about ASaP or expressions of interest may be directed to Mark Watt - TOP Program Delivery Lead via email - email@example.com or phone 780.482.0319 (toll free 1.866.505.3302).